Moosewood Cooks at Home
This is really quick and tastes great.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 T. chopped fresh basil, (or 1 t. dried)
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ t. coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ cup milk (whole, 2%, or skim)
Put the garlic, oil, vinegar, basil, salt, Parmesan, and pepper into a blender, and whirl for a couple of seconds. With the blender still running, slowly add the milk, whirling until the dressing is thick and smooth. Covered and refrigerated, this dressing will keep for a week.
- add ½ t. of hone or sugar to offset the tartness of the vinegar
- add 1 t. fresh lemon juice for extra tartness
- add 1 T. of minced fresh parsley for flecks of color without altering the flavor.