- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalopeno pepper, minced
- 1 ½ cups Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp tumeric
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can broth
- 3 cups hot, cooked brown rice (or couscous)
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, garlic and jalopeno, sauté 6 minutes, until tender.
2. Stir in potatoe and next 6 ingredients (through broth). Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes or until potatoe is tender.
3. Serve, over rice or couscous. Top with yogurt cilantro.
Cal. 251. Fat 3.8g Fiber: 6.8 g,