(we usually skip the rosemary oil… but i’m sure it’s good)
For Rosemary oil:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 T. finely chopped rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced.
Warm simmer these ingredients in small saucepan, approx. 5 minute
- 2 cups cannellini beans/navy beans or mix
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. fresh rosemary or 2 tsp. dried
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 c. diced tomatoes with juice
- salt, pepper
- 1 c. small dried pasta
- parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil, 1 T. rosemary in soup pot. Add onion, carrot, celery. Saute for 10 minutes. Add garlic, parsley, simmer. Add beans, tomatoes., 3 quarts water, boil, then simmer approx. 1 hour. Add 2 tsp. salt, simmer 30 minutes longer.
2. . Puree the soup
3. Cook pasta, strain rosemary oil.
4. Soup into bowls, add pasta to each, drizzle with rosemary oil, sprinkle with parmesan, serve.