Our family has been making this cake for years and years and it is still the best , and simplest cake around.
from the Duncan Hines cake box (with my 2 cents)
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix (any other brand simply will not do)
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant lemon pudding and pie filling (the small box)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup water (I juice 1 lemon, and then add enough water to it to make 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- (I also throw in the rind from aforementioned lemon in the batter)
- 1/2 cup Frosting from can (we always juice 1 lemon, or more, and add enough powdered sugar to get to the consistency you want)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.
- For glaze, place frosting in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power 10 to 15 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake