Live from beautiful Grayton Beach… a great recipe for a quick pasta for a large group. We have been in Grayton Beach, Florida since Saturday and tonight was Mom’s night to make dinner and she made this tasty pasta dish.
Shrimp and Feta Vermicelli
XXXX via Linda Holzheimer
- 1 pound unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp – peeled
- 1/8 t. dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 t. chopped fresh basil or 3/4 t. dried basil
- 1 1/2 t. chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 t. dried oregano
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 8 0z. dried vermicelli, cooked
- chopped fresh basil for garnish
Saute shrimp and red pepper in 2 T. oil in a large skillet for just a few minutes until slightly pink. Arrange shrimp in a greased 11 x 7 baking dish; sprinkle with feta cheese and set aside.
Add remaining 2 T. oild to skillet’ ccok garlic over medium heat 1 minute. Add tomatoes and jice’ cook 1 minure. Stir in wince and next 4 ingredients; simmer uncvored, 10 minutes. Spoon tomato mixture over shirmp. Baek, uncovered at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve over cooked vermicellie. Garnish. Yield 3 servings.