Thursday, April 13th, 2017
- Courtney, Claire, Sophia and I left Euclid around 6:30AM. Easy drive to Decatur Alabama arriving around 5:30 PM.
- Listened to the entire S-Town podcast for 8 hours straight. Fantastic!! Save it for your next long drive if you haven’t listened to it yet.
- Stayed at Doubletree along the river; Nice but kind of weird.
- Sat outside soaking in the sun in the 80 degree sunny weather and then went to dinner at local BBQ spot: Big Bob Gibsons BBQ which was as good as advertised. Great BBQ and pie and super cheap. Went for a walk along the river after on a beautiful night.
Friday, April 14th, 2017
- Left hotel around 7:00 AM and arrived in Grayton Beach around 12:30. Easy drive with hardly any traffic. STILL building the road down to the beaches – may be done next year.
- Had lunch at Red Bar, then moved into house around 2:00. Loved the house. Perfect for our group of of 7 people. Beautiful views of the beach and the river and a quick walk down to the beach.
- We all went to Publix after getting settled in and stocked up for a full week.
- Jack arrived at around 5:30 after driving for about 13 hours from Austin. Very happy that he will be here for the whole week.
- Steak, potatoes and salad and Publix key lime pie for dinner to make it all official.
Saturday, April 15th, 2017
- Seaside bike ride with Sophie and Courtney in early AM. Love my Amavida.
- Beach in A.M.
- Picked up Emily and Dan at airport at 2:00. Easy 30 minute drive to Panama City airport
- Steamed Gulf shrimp and grits for dinner. Bought shrimp at Goatfeathers about a mile west on 30A. Fresh off the boat. Also got their smoked tuna dip which was fantastic. Note to self: they will steam shrimp for you and then take home and eat.
Sunday, April 16th, 2017
- Hmmm, not sure what we did today. Ate a lot of chocolate and sat on the beach I’m sure 🙂
- Grilled chicken, vegetables, and quinoa for dinner
Monday, April 17th, 2017
- Unusually foggy morning – cleared up by 11:00AM though and another beautiful day.
- Seaside bike ride with Courtney, Jack, Emily and Dan.
- late down to beach around 11:30 – hotter day. Someone wrecked our day 1&2 castle unfortunately. So we went modern today.
- Dinner at Craft Bar – new place down the street they were building last year. We sat outside on their nice covered patio. It was 1/2 price burger night so most of us had burgers. They had a nice selection of drafts and food was good.
- Watched Cav’s back home win their second playoff game
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
- Beautiful sunny day all day long. Hot in mid 80’s in afternoon.
- Seaside bike ride in AM with Courtney and Claire
- Beached it all day
- Tacos for dinner after going down to beach to watch sunset and take pictures
- Dominoes at night
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017
- Beach in AM – perfect weather again
- Girls shopping at 2:00 to Destin outlets – Jack, Dan and I stayed at the beach.
- Met the girls at Stinky’s at 5:30 where we walked in with no wait. Definitely a first. We had a great table on their screened in porch and had an awesome meal as usual. oysters… finally.
- Stopped for ice cream on way home
- Blackout at night
Thursday, April 20th, 2017
- Seaside with Sophia for coffee and croissants
- Beach Day all day – perfect weather
- Drove Emily and Dan to airport at 12:30. Drove 30A back – stopped at Rosemary Beach and walked around. Interesting place – we didn’t realize the large section south of 30A.
- Beach in PM – good castle day
- Drove to Seaside around 6:00PM and had oysters, royal reds, fried pickles and then sat down at the pizza restaurant and had wine and pizza in their back patio area that was very nice.
- Watched the Cavs come back from a 30 point deficit – at least everybody else did as I fell asleep.
Friday, April 21th, 2017
- Had great scones, cinnamon rolls and GF muffins from bakery down the street.
- Last day – spent it all on the beach
- Went to The Perfect Pig for late lunch.
- Packed up car after long beach day, went down to beach for one last sunset and then had all the leftovers for dinner
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017
- Left around 3:30AM and drove all the way straight through – 15 1/2 hours. Painful – very foggy in AM and rain for most of drive – but no so bad once its all over. Great trip and arrived to spring in bloom in CLE.