Moosewood Cooks at Home
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking couscous
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 5 artichoke hearts, cut into eighths (14-oz can)
- ½ cup minced scallions
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 – 2 T. chopped fresh dill (1 t. dried)
- 1 T. chopped fresh mint and/or tarragon
- 3 T. olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon (or more to taste)
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Bring the water to a boil. Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl, and cover with the boiling water. Using a fork, stir in the olive oil and salt. Cover, and set aside for about 5 minutes.
Mix the artichoke hearts, scallions, garlic, parsley, dill, and optional mind and/or tarragon into the cooked couscous. Stir in the oil, lemon juice, and walnuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve plain or on a bed of fresh greens, either at room temperature or chilled.