- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup couscous
- ½ cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts
- bag of baby spinach
Cook couscous in chicken broth according to direction. Add dressing and chill. Add spinach, tomatoes and sliced water chestnuts.
Moosewood Cooks at Home
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking couscous
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 5 artichoke hearts, cut into eighths (14-oz can)
- ½ cup minced scallions
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 – 2 T. chopped fresh dill (1 t. dried)
- 1 T. chopped fresh mint and/or tarragon
- 3 T. olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon (or more to taste)
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Bring the water to a boil. Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl, and cover with the boiling water. Using a fork, stir in the olive oil and salt. Cover, and set aside for about 5 minutes.
Mix the artichoke hearts, scallions, garlic, parsley, dill, and optional mind and/or tarragon into the cooked couscous. Stir in the oil, lemon juice, and walnuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve plain or on a bed of fresh greens, either at room temperature or chilled.
- -3 cups boiling water
- 2 cups couscous
- 1 15 oz. can chick peas, drained
- 1 T. butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ t. thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup peas, cooked fresh or frozen
- ½ cup currants
– ½ t. salt
– ½ cup parsley, minced
– 1 t. ground cumin
– ¼ t. cayenne pepper
– 6 T. olive oil
– 6 T. lemon juice
In a medium size bowl, pour boiling water over couscous. Stir and cover, stirring occasionally, keeping covered until all the water has been absorbed (about 30 minutes). Uncover and allow to cool. Add chickpeas.
In a frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, thyme and garlic; sauté until just tender. Add to couscous along with the rest of the ingredients. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.