- 4 large (or 6 medium) Russet potatoes
- ½ cup fine, toasted bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ t. oregano
- 1-1 ½ t. salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ – ¾ cup olive oil
Preheat oven to 350
Peel and cut potatoes lengthwise into wedges (about 6-8 per potato) and drop into a bowl of cold water
Combine bread crumbs and grated cheese. Do not dry the wedges before coating them well with the crumb mixture. Place them in a shallow, 9 x 13-inch baking dish, sprinkling any remaining crumbs on top.
Top potatoes with sliced tomatoes and onion rings. Sprinkle with oregano, salt, and a generous grinding of pepper. Drizzle with oil just before baking.
Bake, uncovered, 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until potatoes are brown but still retain some crunchiness