Use only 1 t. or less chili paste if you don’t like it spicy. If the sauce is too thick thin it with a little water. It should be the consistency of heavy cream.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 1/2 T. rice vinegar
- 1 to 2 t. chile paste with garlic
- 1/2 t. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups cooked thick udon noodles or linguine (8 ounces uncooked)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 3 T. chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 T. cilantro
- 4 lime wedges
To prepare sauce, combine the first 6 ingredients and 1/4 t. salt; stir with a whisk.
To prepare the shrimp, toss with 1/4 t. salt. Saute in nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side or until done.
To prepare the pasta, combine peanut sauces, shrimp, noodles, bell pepper, cucumber, and onions in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Yield: 4 servings.