We had a version of these as Astoria on Detroit Ave – which is a great place to go by the way – that were so good. I made this recipe for the clambake this past weekend and they were great on the cheese board.
Rosemary Roasted Cashews
- 1 1/4 pounds raw cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until they are warmed through. Meanwhile, combine the rosemary, pepper, sugar, salt and butter in a large bowl. Toss the warm nuts with the rosemary mixture until the nuts are completely coated. Serve warm.
PJH notes: I think I might roast them for just a few more minutes next time – I liked the really brown ones. I liked them better at room temperature as they were crunchier.
Some clambake 2020 photos: