Similar to the classic Aunt Peggy Recipe – we usually make this one.
- 3 bacon slices
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can lima beans, drained
- 1 can pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can light red kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 t. dry mustard
1. Cook bacon until crisp; crumble and set aside
2. Cook beef and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until beef is browned, stirring to crumble beef.
3. Place bacon, beef mixture, lima beans, and next 6 ingredients in a 3 ½ quart crock pot. Stir well. Cook on low setting all day.