This is an old family recipe that only seems to get made for special occasions. It sounds kind of gross, but it is one of the best tasting, and simple appetizers around. Talking to my Mom, they got the recipe from a friend in California over 40 years ago. We went to Blossom on Saturday to hear the Cleveland Orchestra and this is one of our favorite things to bring to Blossom. We also made corn and avacado salad, and teriyaki marinated sirloin skewers with red peppers. It was a great night.
Shrimp with Red Onions, Lemon and Mayonnaise
- Peel and boil as many shrimp as you are going to use.
- Chill completely
- Thinly slice LOTS of red onions. Add to chilled shrimp
- Squeeze a fresh lemon or more and add to shrimp and onions.
- Add mayonnaise to get to the consistency that you want. Creamy, but not too much.
- Add just a bit of salt and pepper.
- Let chill for several hours, the flavor develops as it chills.